Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Remember the part about the bills?
Well I went to pay the bill for the kids school bus today. Now mind you the kids started taking the bus the middle of the month and we got the coupon book on the 15th. Inside the book are monthly coupons, like car payments, but each one clearly states the cost and what the late fee is after the 4th of the month, the 15 th and the 20th. Anyway, I crossed out the full amount and pro-rated it for the days my kids used the service. NOPE. The teller says that I must pay the full amount and late fees, pointing to the paper. I tell her, again because I did state this same fact when I handed her the coupon, that my kids only started a few days ago. She calls the company comes back and tells me I have to pay the full amount plus all late fees. Um NO. And since when did the bank become the bill police. I wanted to say, "look lady, this is NOT your problem and I am only paying this amount period." But since my Spanish sucks I simply said, "no I will call the Embassy and they will take care of it". And this, btw, was AFTER I waited in line for half an hour. So on Thurs I'm going to the Embassy to get a Colombian bank account and pay my bills on-line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
seriously. save yourself the walking and the drama. but...a columbian bank account??? it sounds a lot like one of those d.e.a. cops-and-robbers movies.
Post a Comment