Monday, September 1, 2008

Random

Repeat picture, new information... This is the kids school. Note the address on the building has a part crossed out in red. Apparently a few years ago, as in less than 5, Bogota realized that it had numbered the streets all wrong so they corrected it by crossing out the old names and putting up new ones. Crazy huh! Can you imagine that you lived here your whole life and suddenly cannot tell the cab driver where to go and he doesn't know where that new address you would have given him is anyway? Then a little time goes by and some use the new numbers and others the old. Very interesting. Guess they are getting along alright. My question is, why not take down the old numbers? I can see the utility for a year or so but now it's just getting ridiculous!
In other breaking news... I found a new grocery store today that was almost like the ones at home. I'm just not sure I can adequately express my joy over such a find. I actually bought $435,000 pesos worth of groceries at once! Hey, that's a new record for me by a landslide. I think my average is $50,000. Anyway while shopping I had to laugh at this box of cereal...

You and I know these as "Frosted Flakes" but here they don't even try to hide what's inside it simply "Sugar". LOVE IT! Not the cereal, the name. And I want you to know I risked getting thrown out of the store to take this photo! As I pulled out my camera a lady, who works in the store, came running over yelling at me to stop. I pressed "click" and then asked why. Really I saw her reaction as I pulled out my camera so I took the shot quickly. Apparently she is worried about marketing rights or something. Whatever.

Speaking of strange "rules". I was at the park with my kids. Now mind you there were only about 2 other kids present. Max was on the swings and he asked me to swing with him. Within 10 seconds, I kid you not, the park police were on me telling me "silly mommy swings are for kids". Sorry, I've got cereal on the brain now. Anyway, my neighbor said he got busted for the same thing. Again, hardly any kids present so it's not like he (or I) was taking a swing from some poor kid who wanted a ride. Weird. Now I just look around to make sure the swing police aren't nearby before I partake.

Okay, that's enough randomness for one day.

No comments: