Apparently Bogota is big on morality. I forgot my camera today but I'm not sure the shot would have come out anyway. I went to the restroom in a restaurant to find a note written on the mirror. It was actually a sticker that functioned as a public service announcement. It read "Te ves horrible cuando habla mal. Habla bien hace bien" Not sure about that last part, in Spanish anyway. What I do know is that it meant "You look horrible when you speak poorly. Speak well and you will be well". I saw a couple at the park the other day too. Little green placards in the grass reminding you to take care of the environment etc. Kinda nice actually. Although I do find the "greenness" of the country a bit confusing. Everywhere there are recycling bins and notes about the proper care of the environment. They even use glass bottles for sodas most places. Our apartment sends out notes reminding us to use biodegradable trash bags. Cars are even restricted for periods of time. There are number and color codes on the license plates that dictate which days you must use public transportation. But obviously no one has looked into emmisions testing like in the US. Holy smoke out! You can see the black stuff furling out of the exhaust and some streets I hate to walk down because it is so smoggy I feel like I'm gonna choke. Well, at least they are trying!
No word yet on the guy from the milgroup. I'll keep you posted - or the news will :o(
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"You look horrible when you speak poorly." That's fabulous. I should post that on my mirror. :)
well translated. for the most part ;) that's so well said, too!
Post a Comment