Monday, November 24, 2008

Only in Bogota!

Craziness I tell you! I was a few seconds too late with this photo but - see how the top of the tree is gone, yeah they pulled it down ON A MAJOR HIGHWAY! Seriously, the workmen just stopped traffic about 10 yards from the tree, yanked on some ropes and about 25 feet of tree came crashing down!

It's hard to see in the photo but it goes from my yellow note down past the man in the road. And you can see how close the motorcycle and car in front of us are. Guess safety standards are a little different here!

BTW - this happened on Bogota's ONLY major highway. On the weekends it's packed. Think the 5 in San Diego or 95 in Virginia during rush hour.



2 comments:

Jess said...

Michelle, hello? hello?
c'mon I know there has to be something interesting/scary/blogworthy happening there

McCoyFamily said...

Yikes! Saftey must not be there main concern!